This deadline is now passed. Notifications of acceptance will be sent by the beginning of February 2017.
Open Call for Symposium Proposals, November 14, 2016 – January 13, 2017
Suggested Topics to Explore at the Symposium:
- Models and strategies for making programs like NDSR sustainable
- Expanding the geographic reach of NDSR
- Methods of fostering a digital preservation community of practice
- Raising awareness of the NDSR program
- Models and strategies for effective mentorship
- Presentations (25 minutes or 50 minutes): 25- or 50-minute session consisting of fully prepared traditional presentations on a relevant topic, followed by a brief comment-and-discussion period.
- Panels (50 minutes): 50-minute session consisting of a panel of three to five individuals discussing theories or perspectives on a given topic. This will be a more informal session with time for audience feedback. A moderator is required.
- Discussion Forums (50 minutes): 50-minute session consisting of two-three presentations of 5-10 minutes each that describe project, research, or collaboration initiatives in their developing or formative stages, and including at least 40 minutes of interactive discussion with feedback from the audience.
- Lightning Talks (1-5 minutes each in one 50-minute session): Engaging and informative 1 to 5-minute talks in a 50-minute session. The session chair secures commitments from speakers and compiles all presentation slides to ensure timely speaker transitions.
To Submit Your Session Proposal, please email the following information to NDSRSymposiumProposals@gmail.com.
- Format selection (see above options)
- Abstract (300-500 words)
Each proposal will be evaluated on the strength of the abstract, the proposal’s relationship to the suggested themes, and the completeness of the proposal. We will notify submitters of their acceptance status by February 3, 2017.