As the coordinating body for the National Digital Stewardship Residency, the NDSR Advisory Group’s mission is to foster and promote national efforts to improve digital stewardship across disciplines through strategic initiatives, partnerships, research, cohort-based experiential learning, and standards development.
Primary Ongoing Activities
- Maintain governing documents of the NDSR program
- Advise and inform NDSR program administrators and program administrator applicants
- Offer recommendations and guidance on program methods and objectives
- Promote the NDSR program within communities that offer hosts, mentors, and residents as well as within communities that can benefit from and collaborate with the program
- Offer support and guidance to NDSR mentors, administrators, and residents in support of the NDSR mission either as requested or as needed
- Encourage NDSR activities and programs to serve the NDSR mission in a manner that is transparent, participatory, and accessible.
- The advisory group exists to encourage, support, and inform future digital stewardship projects that use or build upon the NDSR cohort model. We do this by:
- Serving as a point of contact for individuals and institutions with digital stewardship needs
- Helping to connect those with digital stewardship needs with potential collaborators, funders, and partners
- Collecting and disseminating products of past NDSR work
- Fostering ongoing communication among the growing community of NDSR stakeholders, past and present
- Advocating for the sustained funding of digital stewardship projects and programs by local, national, and international agencies.
- We believe that issues of digital stewardship present urgent and important problems for our community of information professionals to solve and that our solutions will be better if we work collaboratively and constructively on these problems.
- Projects built on the NDSR cohort model have had significant positive impacts on the host institutions and on the residents’ careers, producing useful tools that benefit the entire community.
- As a group and as individuals we are guided by core values of ethical professional conduct, openness and transparency, collaboration and mutual respect.
- We act with the advancement of the field and the best interests of the communities we serve in mind.
- We place the highest value on fair compensation for the often invisible or undervalued labor that is required for effective digital preservation and stewardship.